Paper Submission:July 23, 2017
Acceptance Notification: September 1, 2017
Camera-Ready: October 1, 2017
Workshop: December 4, 2017
Program Draft, December 4, 2017, 8:30-17:00
8:30-10:00 Session I, Chair Dr. Wen Tong, Huawei
1. Keynote speech, Dr. Yongbin Wei, Senior director at Qualcomm research
Dr. Yongbin Wei is currently a Senior Director of Engineering with Qualcomm Research of Qualcomm Incorporated. Qualcomm is an S&P 500 company, leading in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services. Its business areas include integrated chipsets and system software for cellular communications, technology licensing, satellite-based systems, etc. At Qualcomm research, Yongbin has been leading new technology development for Qualcomm’s current and future generation products, in particular the cutting-edge 5G NR technology recently. Prior to that, he has worked on the system design, standardization and product development of cdma2000 Rev. C and Rev. D. (1xEV-DV), HRPD (1xEV-DO), 4G LTE, LTE advanced, and LTE advanced pro. He was one of the leading contributors for the physical layer design and evaluation of these systems. He also represented Qualcomm in 3GPP2 from 2000 to 2006. His research areas includes wireless communications systems, adaptive signal processing, modem algorithms, machine-to-machine communication, spectrum sharing, and RF engineering. He has authored more than 20 journal and conference papers, and holds more than 200 US issued patents with many more pending. Dr. Wei received Bachelor and Master degrees from Univ. of Science and Technology of China, and Ph.D. degree from Purdue University, all in Electrical Engineering.
2. Keynote speech, TBD
10:30-12:00 Session II, Chair Dr. Gosh Amitava, Nokia
1. Vinod Kristem, C. Umit Bas, Rui Wang and A. Molisch (USC), "Outdoor Macro-cellular Channel Measurements and Modeling in the 3-18GHz Band".
2. M. Comiter, M. Crouse, H. Kung etc, "Millimeter-wave field experiments with many antenna configurations for indoor multipath environments".
3. S. Luo, K. C. Teh, K. H. Li, W. Wang and T. X. Tran, "Macro spatial modulation for uplink mmWave communication systems".
4. D. L. Wang, M. Fattouche, and F. Ghannouchi, "Bounds of mmWave-based ranging and positioning in multipath channels".
5. K. Zeng, etc, "Mutual interference measurement for millimeter-wave D2D communications in indoor office environment".
13:30-15:00 Session III, Chair Dr. Jin Yang, Verizon
6. A. Awada, D. S. Michalopoulos, "A radio resource-efficient paging method in high frequency 5G networks".
7. N. lqbal, J. Luo etc, "Measuremnts based interference analsysis at millimeter wave frequencies in an indoor scenario".
8. J. Lorca etc, "On overcoming the impact of Doppler spectrum in millimeter-wave V2I communicaitons".
9. D. Solomitckll, V. petrov etc, "Detailed interference analysis in dense mmWave systems employing dual-polarized antennas".
10. M. Sasaki, "Freuquency dependence of path loss with wide dynamic range in urban macro cells between 2 and 26 GHz".
15:00-15:45 Session IV (POSTERS), Chair Dr. Yi Wang, Huawei
11. S. Hoseini etc, "Massive MIMO performance comparison of beamforming and multiplexing in Terahertz band".
12. D. Jagyasi etc, "Leakage-based hybrid transceiver design for millmeter wave multi-user interference channel".
13. G. Hattab etc, "Coexistence of 5G mmWave users with incumbent fixed stations over 70 and 80GHz".
14. G. R. MacCartney, Jr. etc, "Base station diversity propagation measurements at 73 GHz millimeter-wave for 5G COMP analysis".
15:45-17:15 Session IV (Panel discussion), Chair Takehiro Nakamura, NTT DoCoMo
Dr. Wen Tong, Huawei
Dr. Ghosh Amitava, Nokia
Dr. Jin Yang, Verizon
Dr. Yongbin Wei, Qualcomm
For more information, please visit http://www.5gworkshops.com