Grants of up to $300 per family are available for IEEE GLOBECOM attendees who are IEEE ComSoc members and who are bringing small children to the conference or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home. The grants will be given as a reimbursement for expenses, however, attendees are responsible for making their own arrangements for child care. If requests exceed available funding, or if additional funding becomes available, preference will be given to students, recent graduates, or new entrants to the communications field who are presenting at the conference.
Examples of allowable expenses
- Child care services incurred because of attendance at the conference (provider must submit his/her tax id number)
- Child care services on location in the city of the conference (Singapore area)
[Note: The conference does not sanction or recommend child care providers and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all child care providers.]
Not eligible for reimbursement
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver (or family member not attending the meeting acting as a caregiver) to the meeting. This includes airfare/train fare and hotel expenses
- Travel expenses for the child
- Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting, including meeting registration, meals, travel to the meeting (including private automobile mileage or tolls), or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting
- Meals for the child, toys, and tickets to museums, amusement parks, etc.
- On-going home-based childcare expenses
- Recipients of a childcare grant must submit receipts for reimbursable expenses (for example, an invoice submitted by the child care provider)
- Reimbursements will be distributed after the conference, after receipt of documentation.
- Reimbursement forms will be distributed to recipients at the IEEE ComSoc booth
Application & Deadline
- The deadline for applying for a child care grant is 22 November 2017. Notifications to recipients will be sent no later than 27 November, 2017.
Contact: Please contact Maite Brandt-Pearce (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the child care grants program.
NOTE: Children are not permitted entry into session rooms. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the Exhibit Hall floor during setup or dismantling hours. During scheduled show hours, exceptions are made when parents or guardians complete and sign a Minor Release Form. This form will be available at Registration Desk in the Registration Area. Parents or guardians must complete and sign the Minor Release Form to allow children access to the Exhibits and Poster Hall. Your support and compliance are greatly appreciated.
The release forms will be provided by staff and will be available at the registration desk.